VIEWFINDER TO THE WORLD OF WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY


Monday, January 3, 2011

PEACOCK IN FLIGHT...YALA, SRILANKA...!!




I have not come across pictures of Peacock in flight. My visit to Yala, Srilanka yielded this picture. Peacock and Peahen are common birds across the subcontinent. The Peacock is more attractive and colorful with its long feathery tail. They are know for its design and colors and has inspired many artists in various fields.

I have enough pictures of peacock sitting, walking and displaying its feathers...This time I wanted them in flight...The problem is their flight is very short and does not gain much of height. So it is mostly among the bushes and branches of a foliage...

I found this fellow perching on a open branch and had a clear view of the sky. I decided to wait ...How long...god knows...He was basking in the glory of a beautiful Sunlight and absorbing every ounce of it...

It was a test of strength of my shoulders and Biceps to hold the combo of 300mm F 2.8 and 7D body...for about 25mins. At last he flew across the blue sky I clicked to glory. I was rewarded a picture of my life time.

He is more colorful in flight than on perch...the lovely earth color of the wings are treat to watch of them magnificent  bird.

2 comments: